The Homeschool Trade Association, one of my side projects, is a professional network of business and nonprofit leaders who serve the homeschool community.
Below are some of the tools and resources we have used to manage and grow a homeschool curriculum publishing business. Some of these are affiliate links, which means that our company will receive payment if you make a purchase from the recommended company.
I currently run Windows 10 on an HP ENVY laptop with a secondary AOC monitor.
- EMWD has provided web hosting for our business website for many years. It is a smaller company, and I like the personal attention.
- This site was built with SquareSpace. It provides attractive templates and a cloud-based development interface.
- LogMeIn allows me to connect wherever I am to another company computer wherever it is and use it as if I was sitting in front of it. This is great for troubleshooting and sharing work.
- EditPad Pro is a text editor with amazing search and replace features and lots of other bells and whistles. It is great for coding and other everyday text-based tasks.
- Our ecommerce site runs on BigCommerce.
- I use LeadPages to create responsive landing pages for specific promotions (i.e., running Facebook ads that invite people to sign up for our email newsletter).
- AWeber hosts our company email lists. It is not entirely intuitive to use, but it has decent list segmenting options. MadMimi is another email service that I like and use for the Homeschool Trade Association.
- Michael Hyatt provides guidance on range of topics, including leadership, time management, and work-life balance. I appreciate his humility and practical tips.
- Dave Ramsey's EntreLeadership book, podcast and one-day training seminars are valuable. Dave Ramsey and his team are more hyper than Michael Hyatt, but they provide valuable content.
- Books by Jim Collins provide fascinating case studies about how businesses succeed and why they fail. Excellent material!
- The Grasshopper Blog has short and simple articles about small business.